Join us for Passport to Prosperity
on Saturday, September 26!
We’re proud to be honoring these outstanding global Iowans at this year’s Passport to Prosperity celebration!
– Mone Aye, a refugee of Burma, and Bilingual Community Outreach Worker with the Des Moines Public Schools and Board Chair and co-founder of EMBARC;
– Alejandra Vidal-Soler Graham, an immigrant from Argentina, and founder and owner of South American Beef, Inc.;
– Nu Huynh, a refugee of Vietnam, and Executive Director of the Iowa Asian Alliance;
– Serkan Usta, an immigrant from Turkey, and Artistic Director of Ballet Des Moines and co-owner of the School of Classical Ballet and Dance;
– San Wong, an immigrant from Singapore, and Director
of the Iowa Department of Human Rights.
Click here for complete information about this
year’s event and five honorees.
The 2015 Passport to Prosperity honorees will be recognized during the Iowa International Center’s Passport to Prosperity celebration, to be held September 26, 2015 at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa.
Passport to Prosperity recognizes immigrants and refugees who make Iowa a better place to live through their significant contributions to the economic, social and cultural fabric of our communities. The event will include an awards presentation, a dinner reflecting the cultures of each recipient,
as well as special video stories highlighting the inspiring lives of these five global Iowans.
Tickets are $50 and sponsorships range from $100 and up.
To reserve tickets or become an event sponsor,
CLICK HERE, or email Amy Yost at firstname.lastname@example.org.