Iowa International Center interns have the opportunity to work with the oldest international non-profit organization in Des Moines and build real-world skills in a fun, fast-paced work environment. We welcome applications from university-level students in all majors, and for those still enrolled in an undergraduate program, college credit may be available.
Summer 2018 applications are closing soon, and we are currently accepting interns in the areas of International Language Programs, Marketing and Development and International Visitor Programs, as well as general administrative interns for Fall 2018.
Click the title below to download more information and an application
International Language Program Internship Application (Seeking Fall 2018 Applicants)
Marketing and Communications Internship Application (Seeking Summer and Fall 2018 Applicants)
International Visitor Programs Internship Application (Seeking Fall 2018 Applicants)
Administrative Internship Application (Seeking Fall 2018 Applicants)
Depending on the internship opportunity, our interns may assist with some or all of the following:
- Assist with publicizing special projects and events
- Assist with general marketing and content development for our newsletters, website and blog
- Research local professional hosts for proposals and cultural activities, assist with agenda development and data tracking
- Help with event planning for special events
- Assist with scheduling and managing interpreter/client relations for translation/interpretation services
- Offer basic office assistance, including database management.
- College student requiring college internship credit or experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set deadlines, and maintain accurate records.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office software, specifically word processing and database software.
- Cross cultural living experience and/or knowledge of a foreign language preferred but not required.
- Fall, spring and summer internships available
- Availability for a minimum of 15 hours per week between 9 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday; flexible schedule
Direct Resume, Cover Letter, Application and Additional Inquiries to:
Janet Norton, International Programs, Intern and Volunteer Manager
Iowa International Center
3839 Merle Hay Road, Suite 259
Des Moines , IA 50310
Phone: 515-282-8269, ext 12