NEW!Director of Development
Iowa International Center is looking for a Director of Development to help ignite our fund development initiatives. This position works closely with the Executive Director. We’re looking for non-profit professional with a strong background in fundraising and a passion for global community.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing the Iowa International’s fundraising including, major gifts program, annual fund, special events, grants & proposals. Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
- Manage the implementation of donor software (data entry and gift processing)
- Developing and manage proposals, applications and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising
- Support Annual Fund campaign, annual Passport to Prosperity, fundraising/cultivation events
In addition, the position oversees implementation of communications / marketing for the organization, especially as it relates to fundraising. This position manages communications across digital, social media, print and other platforms to meet organization goals.
- 3-5 years experience in non-profit fund development, non-profit management experience and/or or related business leadership experience
- Proven track record of fundraising and building relationships with the Des Moines donor community
- Experience in event planning and marketing
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products, donor management software, graphic and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Benefits: Competitive salary package, health & dental, holidays and PTO (Paid Time Off)
Work Status: Full time with weekend/ evening hours as needed
Travel: Position requires local travel
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter (by email or mail) to Patricia Grote, Executive Director, Iowa International Center, 3839 Merle Hay Road, Suite 259, Des Moines Iowa, 50310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Iowa International Center has worked to build cultural respect and understanding in Iowa and around the world since 1938. IIC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Iowa International Center is currently seeking interpreters and translators in various languages (especially Burmese, Karen, Karenni, Chin Zomi, Mizo, Hakha and other dialects, Cambodian (Khmer), Cantonese, Korean, Dinka, Mabaan, Nuer, Swahili, Spanish (Translators Only) Amharic, Bosnian, Tagalog, Tiagrinya, and Kunama).
If you would like to apply, click the link above (or here) to download an application and return it to the International Language Program Team (email@example.com, fax- 515.282.0454, or mail (address at the bottom of page).
We are currently accepting interns in the areas of International Language Programs, Marketing and Development and International Visitor Programs, as well as general administrative interns for 2017. For more information about internships, click here.
You can help us welcome the world to Iowa, and introduce Iowa to the world as an Iowa International Center Volunteer. Click here for more information.