Careers with the IIC
Philanthropy & Donor Engagement
Iowa International Center is looking for a Philanthropy & Donor Engagement Director to help ignite its fund development and donor services initiatives. This position works closely with the Executive Director, carries out fundraising plans and oversees donor relations programs. We’re looking for non-profit professional with a strong background in fundraising and a passion for global community.
Primary Job Functions:
The Philanthropy & Donor Engagement Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing the Iowa International’s fundraising including, major gifts program, annual fund, special events, grants & proposals.
Core responsibilities include:
- Work closely with executive director and Board on philanthropy goals, plans and budget
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of donor software (data entry and gift processing)
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for engaging a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Develop and manage proposals, applications and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising
- Support Annual Fund campaign, annual Passport to Prosperity, fundraising/cultivation events
In addition, the position helps implement communications / marketing for the organization, especially as it relates to philanthropy and donor engagement. This position helps coordinate communications across digital, social media, print and other platforms to meet organization goals.
Core communications and marketing responsibilities include:
- Oversee communications on multiple platforms: web site, social media, events, print, media
- Create campaign to reach attendance and sponsorship goals for special and educational events, including Passport to Prosperity
- Coordinate publicity for and implementation of educational /cultural Dialogue Series
Experience: 3-5 years in non-profit philanthropy or donor engagement, non-profit management experience and/or or related business leadership experience
- Must have a proven track record of building relationships with donors, knowledge of Des Moines-area donor community a bonus
- Must be a self-starter
- Track record of raising funds for program and operations with multiple donor groups
- The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning and marketing
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products [emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint]
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Experience with SalesForce a bonus
Benefits: Competitive salary package, health & dental, holidays and PTO (Paid Time Off)
Work Status: Full time with weekend/ evening hours as needed
Travel: Position requires local travel
Reporting: Reports to the Executive Director of the Iowa International Center
Please submit your resume and cover letter (by email or mail) to Patricia Grote, Executive Director, Iowa International Center, 3839 Merle Hay Road, Suite 259, Des Moines Iowa, 50310 or email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled.
IIC is an equal opportunity employer.
We envision a Global Community, welcoming the world to Iowa and Iowa to the world.
The Iowa International Center is always looking for skilled interpreters and translators. We even have a whole page dedicated to detailing these opportunities! You can visit it here
We are currently accepting interns in the areas of International Language Programs, Marketing and Development and International Visitor Programs, as well as general administrative interns for Spring 2020. For more information about internships, click here
You can help us welcome the world to Iowa and introduce Iowa to the world as an Iowa International Center Volunteer. Click here for more information