Director of Development and Marketing
Iowa International Center is looking for a Director of Development and Marketing to help ignite our marketing and development initiatives. This position works closely with the Executive Director and other staff to develop, direct, and execute marketing, communications, grant writing, stakeholder relations and fundraising event management. We’re looking for someone who can manage the trifecta of donor focused initiatives, strategic messaging and social media.
Primary Job Functions:
This position manages the development of marketing across digital, social media, print and other platforms to meet organization goals. The ideal candidate for this position effectively communicates the work, mission, importance of and need for the Iowa International Center in the community – audiences include clients, constituents, program partners, event and program sponsors, donors, community leaders, international visitors, diplomats, legislators, Board members and more. This position manages all aspects of two websites.
Core marketing responsibilities include:
- Develop/execute marketing plan: web site, social media, events, branding
- Create marketing campaign to maximize ticket sales to annual Passport to Prosperity
- Dialogues programming and publicity
- Track/analyze marketing metrics, including budgets
This position works closely with the Executive Director to identify, manage and secure sponsorships and donations totaling more than $250,000 annually from individuals, foundations and corporations, and manage all aspects of the organization’s largest fundraising event, Passport to Prosperity, each year. Must be compelling storyteller.
Core fund development responsibilities include:
- Work closely with executive director and Board on board/fund development plans and budget
- Help expand corporate sponsorship program
- Research, write and manage grant applications and reports
- Support Annual Fund campaign, annual Passport to Prosperity, fundraising/cultivation events
This person will also have flexibility to help with cross-departmental duties (including assistance with International Visitor Programs and Interpretation & Translation Services) as needed.
- Strong understanding of fundraising and development, including grant writing, annual fund development, Board and donor relations/engagement and donor information management.
- Familiarity with website content management, email software and donor development software (preferably Salesforce)
- Must excel in a fast-paced, small office environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
- Ability to attend some night and weekend events related to development functions, as determined by the Executive Director
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in making presentations to donors, Board members and other stakeholders
Experience: 4-6 years in development, fundraising and marketing/communications.
Benefits: Competitive salary package, including paid parking in downtown Des Moines
and PTO (Paid Time Off).
Work Status: Full time (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F) with some weekend/ evening hours as needed.
Travel: Position requires minimal travel.
Reporting: Reports to the Executive Director of the Iowa International Center.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter (by email or mail) to Patricia Grote, Executive Director, Iowa International Center, 319 7th Street, Suite 200, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309 or email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled.
The Iowa International Center has been working to build cultural respect and understanding in Iowa and around the world for more than 75 years. IIC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Iowa International Center is currently seeking interpreters and translators in various languages (especially Burmese, Karen, Karenni, Chin Zomi, Mizo, Hakha and other dialects, Cambodian (Khmer), Cantonese, Korean, Dinka, Mabaan, Nuer, Swahili, Spanish (Translators Only) Amharic, Bosnian, Tagalog, Tiagrinya, and Kunama).
If you would like to apply, click the link above (or here) to download an application and return it to the International Language Program Team (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax- 515.282.0454, or mail (address at the bottom of page).
We are currently accepting interns in the areas of International Language Programs, Marketing and Development and International Visitor Programs, as well as general administrative interns for 2017. For more information about internships, click here.
You can help us welcome the world to Iowa, and introduce Iowa to the world as an Iowa International Center Volunteer. Click here for more information.